Saturday, September 20, 2008

Cycling For Art

'Les Australoides,' Christchurch Art Gallery. Sept.2008.Ajr
How crazy if this! The Christchurch Art Gallery foyer has suddenly turned into a cycle lane - thanks to the SCAPE 2008 contribution from UK-born Belgium-based artist, Ann Veronica Janssens. Visitors to the gallery are invited to ride her specially designed silver cycles (with, naturally, gleaming silver helmets), through the gallery and out into the street to explore the other biennial art sites. Personally, I think the effects of light and movement to "create poetic experiences for viewers" is stretching the notion of ART just it a bit but I do love the quirkiness of someone cycling through the gallery. It wasn't a poetic experience for me but hey, I could have been holding my mouth the wrong way. http://www.scapebiennial.org.nz/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin