Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mood and Mist

Punakaiki, West Coast. Dec. 2008. Ajr
My imagination ran riot as I made my way through this flax forest near the Punakaiki Pancake Rocks on the West Coast. It was all mood and mist - just the sort of landscape where something prehistoric and dinosaur-like might rear up and confront you. I wouldn't have been at all surprised - but I was rather taken aback when I walked around a corner and came face-to-face with a tourist carrying a purple umbrella. Some things you just don't expect.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I have to say...I started at your blog day 1 a few days ago and have made it as far as this. I am truly enjoying every post, love the various series you have going on, and am looking forward to reading the rest. I can't tell you how many times I've smiled - and that is a true gift these dark days. Thank you very much.

Adrienne Rewi said...

How lovely - thanks Elizabeth! And full marks for perseverence....there's a lot there :-) best wishes
Adrienne

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin