Sunday, November 2, 2008

Airport Conversations

Melbourne Airport, Australia. Nov. 2008. Ajr I love airports. They’re a melting pot of human emotions and tensions, bubbling over with people on the move and people waiting. One of my best-ever airport experiences was over twenty years ago when I spent 11 hours waiting at Frankfurt Airport in Germany. Most people would have killed that time in the city. Not me; I waited and watched. It was amazing – one of my travel highlights in fact (Yes, I know, I’m easily pleased). I didn’t have to wait at Melbourne Airport when I arrived here a couple of days ago, but I was delighted that even on a walk-through, some obliging flight attendant quite unwittingly provided me with a great little photo, as she chatted on her mobile phone in front of these quirky welcoming figures.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin