Sunday, November 2, 2008

Aussie Treats

Flowers and Fruit, Woodend, Victoria, Australia. Nov. 2008. Ajr
One of the loveliest things to do any foreign country, is scouring the local shops and markets and comparing goods and prices. Australia is not exactly foreign to we New Zealanders of course, but there are subtle differences in our stores and products; and when I come here, I invariably start at the fruit shops so I can indulge in all those delicious tropical fruits that are always much more expensive in New Zealand. Last year when I was here in Woodend, I bought two gigantic mangoes (my favourite fruit) and took them home for a feast. I scoffed one in record time and then decided to go for a walk. I forgot about the boisterous new family Pup - Cyclone Flint is his name...very appropriate it turns out. When I came home from my walk, I found him sitting on the carpet surrounded by a huge yellow stain, one chewed up mango pip and a very proud look on his face. He'd jumped up onto the kitchen bench and helped himself. It took me some time to forgive him!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin