Saturday, January 9, 2010

Southern Comfort

New accommodation continues to spring up in Queenstown like mushrooms on a damp day. One of the highlights I discovered on last year's Frommers New Zealand research trip, was The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments, that sits on Frankton Road, with spectacular views over Lake Wakatipu to the Remarkables mountain range. It is a spot so quintessentially Queenstown that you'd be silly to miss it. The suites and apartments are modern and roomy and every one of them has that same memorable view. I always play down views as a travel guide writer. It's my belief that most tourists are out exploring all day and by the time they get back to their rooms, it's usually dark and they can't appreciate the view anyway. I ate my words at The Rees. It's one stay where the view really counts! www.therees.co.nz
If you'd like to see other New Zealand hotels, lodges and B&Bs I've written about on this blog, click on accommodation in the label line below this post.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin