Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Feeding the Birds

Lake House, Daylesford, 2007. Ajr.
Last time I was in Daylesford, the gorgeous little Victorian spa town an hour north of Melbourne, I was lucky enough to be taken to dinner at the very indulgent Lake House – that much lauded foodie’s heaven where executive chef and co-owner, Alla Wolf-Tasker has cemented her establishment’s reputation as one of Australia’s best restaurants. Divine meal aside – and it was certainly that – I fell in love with their ‘pet’ kookaburra. She nests across the lake and glides in to wait for fresh meat treats, which guests and staff feed her by hand. I couldn’t believe my eyes when she landed right in front of me and the maitre’de kindly gave me chopped meat to pass to her. They’re such fabulous birds and this was the first time I’ve ever been able to get a decent photo of one. www.lakehouse.com.au

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin