Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Walk to Remember


Monument Rock above Purau Bay, Banks Peninsular, 2007. Ajr

Just a few days before Christmas last year, I was lucky enough to go on Tuatara Tour’s Akaroa Walk, a 3-day, 42-kilometre jaunt from Christchurch to Akaroa. I use the word ‘jaunt’ loosely; it was actually a very testing exercise – especially the 22-kilometre day two walk that started at Monument Rock above Purau Bay and stretched us all the way to the Hilltop, above Akaroa Harbour. By the time that day was over I was more than ready to sink in to the hot spa pool that came with our accommodation. Sore muscles aside, it’s hard to complain when you’re exploring some of the most dramatic scenery that Banks Peninsular has to offer – although I seem to recall complaining quite a lot at the time. In hindsight though, it was one of the best things I’ve ever done. www.tuataratours.co.nz

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin