Thursday, June 19, 2008

Art After Dark

"Blue" by Bill Culbert, Christchurch Convention Centre. June 2008. Ajr
I know I'm pushing my dear little camera to its absolute limits -and maybe I'm not doing Bill Culbert, the creator of this terrific neon sculpture, any favours either; but I loved this slightly wobbly, frenetic interplay of lights and reflections that I snapped last night outside the Christchurch Convention Centre. The work - "Blue" - was commissioned by the Christchurch City Council in conjunction with Art & Industry in 2000. Which reminds me - the 2008 SCAPE Christchurch Biennial is now winding up for an exciting city-wide art event from September 19 onwards. "Wandering Lines: Towards a New Culture of Space" will see the city streets come alive with some of the world's best public art. But more on that another time. www.scapebiennial.org.nz

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin