Monday, April 6, 2009

Dining in Style

Image by Stephen Goodenough, Courtesy The George
The multi-award-winning Pescatore at The George Christchurch has a glamorous new face. Christchurch architect, Richard Dalman of Dalman Architecture has brushed the upstairs space with a quiet elegance. He’s created a restrained opulence in a new restaurant ante-room that’s the perfect counterpoint to the dark minimalism of the restaurant itself.
The Pescatore April 2009 Ajr The Pescatore April 2009 Ajr It’s all white-on-white – a delicious marrying of diaphanous fabrics, crystal chandeliers, chrome poles, padded doors and almost-lickable marble. I love it. Not everyone is a fan of white-on-white-on-white but I am. My ideal house – in my ideal world, where I live with my ideal fat bank balance – would be all-white…. top-to-toe. And maybe I'd only eat all-white food. www.thegeorge.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin