Monday, July 27, 2009

Gone Eeling

Christchurch. July 2009. Ajr
I sometimes wonder why I can't be satisfied with one image of a thing. But no, I'm the sort of person who revisits things over and over again and, as a result, I end up with dozens (if not hundreds) of images of the same subject. That said, I think there's something to be said for photographing a subject at different times of the day, from different angles, in different moods. This work, "Out of Black Water" is by Christchurch sculptor, Bing Dawe and if you click on his name in the label line below this post, you'll be able to 'visit him' in his Christchurch studio and see more of his eel works. This one, made of carved kauri and steel, hangs in the Christchurch Arts Centre buildings; and what caught my eye on this visit, was the shadows it was casting on the stark white wall - all that framed by the wonderful architecture of the Arts Centre staircase.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin