Thursday, May 29, 2008

Going Green

GreenCabs. May 2008. Ajr
How cool is this for a cab? This one ‘lives’ just down the road from me and every time I drive past it I think it’s time I took a taxi ride. Green Cabs uses the only hybrid vehicles that run on battery-powered electricity and petrol – the Toyota Prius - and they also offset their carbon emissions by planting trees in developing countries. The eco-friendly Wellington-based company launched its first eight fresh, minty-green cabs in Christchurch a few weeks ago and they expect to have 50 on the road within two years. They currently have around 30 cars in both Auckland and Wellington. Dare I say it – they’re a breath of fresh air in the boring sea of white taxis that serve the city. www.greencabs.co.nz

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin