Saturday, July 5, 2008

Dreaming of The Farm

It’s snowing here in Christchurch – right now – snowflakes are fluttering into my garden as I write. So I have distracted myself with dreams of being tucked away in the luxurious comforts of The Farm at Cape Kidnappers – one of New Zealand’s newest luxury lodges. The sister property to Northland’s spectacular Kauri Cliffs, The Farm has been designed to reflect the region’s farm buildings and sitting high above the golf course, it has amazing views all the way back to Napier. The amazing par 71 golf course, designed by Tom Doak came first. It opened four years ago and even if you’re not a golfer, you should visit The Farm’s website and take a look at this incredible feat of construction. Located on the cliff tops of Cape Kidnappers (the ocean surges 800 feet below), “it has been hailed as one of the great modern marvels of golfing and is currently ranked 41st best golf course in the world by Golf Magazine.” I took the hilltop view of The Farm when I visited Napier last week. The interior shots are supplied. www.capekidnappers.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin