Monday, October 13, 2008

Fiery Flamenco

Tierra Flamenca @ Ngaio Marsh Theatre, Christchurch. Oct.2008. Ajr
It was all twirling skirts, stomping feet, clicking fingers, sweeping arms and rhythmic clapping at last night’s power-packed performance of Tierra Flamenca – the last show in The Body Festival 2008. I was twelve rows back, in the dark, with no flash (I hate flash; refuse to use it), so it’s a credit to my little camera that I came away with any images at all. These are by no means a perfect record of the expressive brilliance we were treated to, but I rather like the blurred look – it captures a little of the sense of speed and movement of the two dancers as they stomped their way passionately across the stage, all energy and highly-charged emotion.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin