Monday, March 23, 2009

Sweet Tooth

Brunetti, Melbourne. Nov. 2008. Ajr
One of my favourite things about Melbourne - apart from the fact that it simply IS my favourite city - is the amazing array of cakes you find there. It must be said that the Italians certainly have a way with cakes and every time I visit Melbourne I head straight for the famous cake-makers extraordinaire - Brunettis, just off Lygon Street. When I visited Melbourne last November (my annual pilgrimage) I made quite the pig of myself at both their Carlton cafe and their inner city premises. In my own defence I should also mention that I like to PHOTOGRAPH cakes - probably more than I enjoy eating them; at least the act of photography, unlike the act of gorging, doesn't require weeks of penance in the gym after the event. I've written about Brunettis before - just click on their name in the index line below this post to see more edible goodies. www.brunetti.com.au

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin