Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Under Construction - In the Absence of Words

Auckland. April 2009. Ajr When I was in Auckland in April, I spent a week at the Duxton Hotel in Greys Avenue and every day I walked down the hill past this construction site. When I couldn't contain myself a minute longer, I finally stopped and photographed the afternoon light catching at the yellow wrap and filtering through the autumn leaves. It wasn't an earth-shattering moment but it was a pretty one. And on that note, I feel bound to apologise to regular readers of my blog, who may be thinking I have become superficial and visual, that my postings are lacking substance of late. That's because I'm still neck-deep in the writing of the Frommers New Zealand 6th edition manuscript and I simply don't have the usual amount of time to devote to my two blogs. However, I DO hope to have the travel guide completed within the next two to three weeks and then I'll be back to my usual wordy self.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin