Friday, August 29, 2008

Going Bush

Treetops Lodge & Wilderness Estate, Rotorua. Photos supplied by Navigate Oceania Collection.
The last time I stayed at Treetops Lodge near Rotorua it was mid-winter 2005 and I had the entire lodge to myself. I was half way through writing the 4th edition of Frommers New Zealand and when I drove down the long, bush-lined driveway, it felt like I was driving into the depths of a Lord of the Rings set. That’s the beauty of Treetopsit feels like it’s a million miles from anywhere, yet it’s just 30 minutes from central Rotorua. Mind you, once you’re tucked up in one of the luxurious bush-clad suites, there’s almost NO inclination to go anywhere. I know I was hoping everyone would forget I was there! It’s one of my favourite New Zealand lodges. www.treetops.co.nz www.navigateoceania.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin