Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Collectors - 10

Talk to me about collecting and collectors and my heart skips a beat, my knees wobble and I feel faint with excitement. I'm fascinated to the core by the whole concept of collecting - what we collect, why we collect and the strange, obsessive urge that overtakes us in the pursuit of objects we become passionately focussed upon. So it was with true delight that I pounced on this small-but-growing collection of early, miniature Crown Lynn pottery vases recently. It all started with a gift apparently - two little vases given by a friend who was clearing out her cupboards. I haven't featured any collectors for a while but if you'd like to see those already covered, just click on Collectors in the index line below this post.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin