Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Sign of the Times

Welcome to Christchurch!
Where we strictly monitor human movement!
Just kidding. It's really the sign drawing attention to the counting device above the Christchurch Art Gallery gift shop door. I thought it amusing.
I blame my over-active imagination!
In reality it is part of a gallery-wide work by Spanish artist, Maider Lopez, who is one of the 25 artists from 15 countries participating in SCAPE 2008 Wandering Lines: Towards a New Culture of Space, which officially opens on September 19. I do love artworks that 'spring out of nowhere' and make you rethink your everyday environment - and anything that draws attention to the proliferation of marketing text and signage in our urban environment gets a very big tick from me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin