Friday, June 26, 2009

An Unidentified Artwork

Auckland, April 2009. Ajr
When I was in Auckland back in April and May, I spent hours roaming the streets with my camera - my very favourite activity no matter where I go. I'm always drawn to architectural shapes, artworks, reflections, shadows and the way they all interact. I wandered off Lower Queen Street in the course of my ramblings, heading for Britomart, when I spied this sculpture clinging to the side of a building like a giant fungus. I don't know who created it - but would gladly welcome comments from anyone who knows. We like having things named around here - especially artworks. Mystery Solved: I have kindly been informed that this work ("Coral" 2000), was created by Auckland artist, Peter Roche. www.aucklandnz.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin