Monday, November 2, 2009

Coffee on High Street

Loved the sign - of course!
That goes without saying. But I also loved the laidback mood of Savoy Brown on Christchurch's High Street. Friends have been telling me it's their favourite for ages, so I finally called in last weekend. It was a quiet day but even so, I could see why it's popular. It's dark and moody yet bright at the same time - is that even possible I wonder? Well, yes, somehow it is. Dim lighting, chocolate brown walls, bright red accents and a whole swag of old records that have been painted - mostly portraits. Not the best art I've ever seen but it gives the cafe an imaginative punch that sets it apart and it all feels quite right. I also enjoyed one of the best blueberry muffins I've ever tasted there. The place is usually really popular with the nearby Polytech crowd but I've seen all ages coming and going. Well worth a visit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin