Sunday, October 11, 2009

From the Church Files

Since it's Sunday, I decided to rummage around in my Church files to see what new architectural perspective I could bring to the table - as it were. This is what I came up with....two of my favourite photographs taken in Christchurch. I like to think of them both as being a little odd - in the conventional church sense. The bottom shot is taken at a Catholic Church over the other side of town (which is the terminology I usually give a place when I can't remember the name of the suburb); the top image was taken near the intersection of Colombo Street and Moorehouse Avenue - not sure what church though. I'm constantly drawn to this form, if only because it's so incongruous and unexpected. All I can say is, I hope Jesus was in a forgiving mood when he was 'introduced' to these strange architectural oddities.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin