Saturday, March 1, 2008

Design Spot 2




This is what you call keeping it all in the family - jewellery by Auckland-based son, Grant Rewi. Says Grant: "The style of my jewellery is more determined by the methods I use to produce it - I am not really a jeweller and having never undertaken any training as a jeweller, I probably approach the construction and manufacturing side of things differently to most jewellers. I don't own many jewellery-making tools; the majority of my work is produced in an engineering workshop. I think a lot of my stuff reflects that." Grant, who has a Bachelor of Design from Auckland's Unitec Institute of Technology, has exhibited work at Eon Design Centre, Unitec and Studio 14 Gallery, all in Auckland and at the Melbourne store of leading New Zealand fashion label, Zambesi. He also designs furniture and works fulltime at Auckland Museum.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin