Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Golden South

Driveway, Millbrook Resort, Queenstown, 2007 Ajr.

It’s March and here in Christchurch the mornings are becoming darker, the days chillier, the evenings longer. The air seems swollen with the feel of autumn. Few places are as pretty in autumn as Arrowtown, near Queenstown, even further south. The landscape there will soon be draped in gold, yellow and red. That's where you'll find Millbrook Resort- tucked under the mountains and surrounded by a halo of gold. I photographed these poplars along their entrance driveway when I was visiting during my Frommers New Zealand research in the autumn last year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Photo - I can almost hear one of barrys haiku - I've packed the book so cant quote it exactly.
Pam

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin