Friday, March 21, 2008

Flying High






It was the perfect day for it – 26-degrees, brilliant blue skies and one of the most gorgeous Canterbury landscapes you’ll find – and that’s before we even get to the jet boat and helicopter! Terrace Downs High Country Resort is a heaven-on-earth location roughly an hour inland from Christchurch. Perched high above the Rakaia Gorge it comes complete with classy villas and chalets, one of New Zealand’s top18-hole golf courses and a location that will take your breath away. Given that I’m mad about both jet boats and helicopters, I felt very spoilt today in being able to do both at the launch of the Terrace Downs Discovery Jet on Rakaia River. After being raced upstream on water unbelievably turquoise, through landscapes unbelievably pristine, we were picked up by Mt Hutt Helicopters and whisked back to Terrace Downs for lunch and, in my case, rather manic attempts to get a hole-in-one in a light-hearted putting contest. I have to say it was one of the loveliest little jaunts I’ve had in ages and I hope everyone is going to make a beeline for this fabulous location. I can’t believe how lucky we are to have it so close to Christchurch. www.terracedowns.co.nz

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin